Tri hard, live easy
"I've been in other training programs, and the difference between those and Tri Zones is that in Tri Zones I am part of a TEAM. There is a big difference between a program and a team."Tri Zones Training is a triathlon training group based in Austin, Texas.
Run with us this fall and winter! Tri Zones offers 2013 - 2014 5K/10K, Half Marathon, and Marathon training
- Fitness and 5K/10K speed improvement - Stay in shape, improve your form, get faster!
- Half Marathon - We'll help you get ready for the 3M Half Marathon and/or the Austin Half Marathon!
- Marathon - Train for the 26.2 miles of fun at the Austin Marathon!
Our 18-week running program starts October 8, and ends on February 19
Price: $185 ($165 for returning Tri Zones members)
To register for our fall training, click on the training team below that interests you:
- NORTH -- Wednesday evening run workouts -- 6:30 - 8:30pm at Doss Elementary School (off Far West)
- SOUTH-- Tuesday evening run workouts -- 6:00 - 7:30pm, Small MS, other locations in south Austin
- WEEKDAY MORNINGS -- Wednesday morning run workouts -- 8:30 - 10:30am, Butler Park, other locations in central Austin
Each team offers weekly group run workouts, where team members will enhance running form, increase speed, and improve endurance. We also offer Saturday group runs (usually leaving from Barton Springs or Lady Bird Lake Trail). We believe strongly in offering a wise training program that includes the right kind of key workouts plus plenty of recovery.
Goal races include races in the Austin Distance Challenge, along with Race for the Cure, Turkey Trot, Jingle Bell 5K, Capitol 10K, and more!
All members of the TRI ZONES TRAINING Fall/Winter training groups will receive:
- Coached weekly run workouts on Wednesdays, with emphasis on improving technique, form, strength, balance, and speed
- Group long runs on Saturdays for the half marathon and marathon training groups
- Written training schedule every month
- Technical team shirt for new members
- Implementation of heart rate training
- Strength work guidance, including core strength
- Email access to coach for questions, tips, and guidance
- Access to our team web site and discussion forum
- Team tent at the finish line of many of the team's goal races
- Team photo gallery
- Information about:
- Running shoes
- Technical apparel
- Complimentary team gift
- Discounts from our sponsors
- Discounted registration on subsequent Tri Zones Training programs
- LOTS of FUN!
Led by qualified coaches who bring you 10 years of coaching experience, Tri Zones Training offers camaraderie and support while helping you achieve your running goals this fall and winter. With a reputation for fostering a fun and supportive environment in your year-round training program, the Tri Zones Training coaches will help you get more fit, become more healthy, and make new friends along the way. We invite you to explore our web site and find out what a great time we have together! Come on down!
Read what our team members have to say about training with Tri Zones Training in our Testimonials section.
See how much fun the Tri Zoners have at races and in training -- check out our slideshow!
Questions? Contact the coaches!
And for our Advanced Triathletes, we're still offering our Peak Performance and Ironman triathlon training on a monthly basis:
Advanced Triathlon Training - For the experienced triathlete who currently averages 12+ hours of training per week. You can comfortably swim 1500 meters, bike for 2+ hours, and run at least 6 miles. This is our advanced training program for those ready to take it up another notch and are looking for more aggressive training. Led by our distance expert, Jennifer Reinhart, who has competed at the Kona Ironman World Championships 4 times.
- Peak Performance program -- For those looking to maximize their performance in Sprint, Olympic, and Half Iron distances. Also for those who are building their base for an upcoming Ironman that is more than 6 months out.
- Ironman training -- Personalized team training for Ironman-distance events. Tri Zoners have participated in Ironman Texas, Florida, Arizona, Cozumel, Lake Placid, and the IM World Championships in Kona